After a passenger was forced to hand a note to a flight attendant asking for an announcement to check the health of the person breaking wind in «rows 10 to 12» it’s worth considering what else is deemed unacceptable at 30,000 feet.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the traits, actions and characteristics of fellow travellers that are just not on when it comes to flying.
1. Going bare foot
Taking your shoes off on a plane is one thing, but your socks too? What’s wrong with you? You’re not Ghandi.
• Flight attendants hate it when you do this
2. Asking your neighbour for their leftover food
«Are you going to finish that?» Really?!
3. Changing nappies on a seat
The only reason you think that’s acceptable is because that baby is your blood. Everyone else thinks that’s disgusting.
• The world’s rudest travellers
4. Using ineffective headphones
There is no point to headphones that are as loud to your neighbours as they are to you. We don’t want to hear your tinny trance compilation.
You’re happy but you’re making everyone else miserable Photo: Fotolia/AP
Just blow your nose.
6. Putting your feet up through the gap in the seats
There are few things worse than when you feel a little prod at your elbow and realise it’s the person behind’s big toe.
• Worst cases of celebrity air rage
7. Hogging the armrest
Why would you think we don’t want to use it too? Did you pay extra for exclusive use? Oh, sorry, we didn’t realise.
8. Standing up as soon as the seatbelt sign is turned off after landing
Where are you going? The doors are still very much closed. Great, now you’re just standing there with your backside in our face.
You’re going nowhere Photo: Alamy
9. Making small talk with your fellow passengers when they’re clearly reading/sleeping/listening to music
Well, you should have brought your own entertainment, shouldn’t you?
10. Spending half the flight stood in the aisle chatting with your friend sat elsewhere
You’re in everyone’s way and, once again, your bum is at face level. If it’s night flight, it’s doubly bad.
11. Getting lairy
Airplanes and pubs are in fact very different. Have a drink or two, sure, but don’t start chanting.
12. Constantly getting up and down
Just sit down before we strap you down.
Seats are there for a reason Photo: Alamy
13. Using the seat in front to pull yourself up
Or ease yourself down. It’s not like anyone in that seat was asleep or drinking a scalding cup of tea, you idiot.
14. Complaining about lack of space on a budget airline
If you cared that much about your personal space you wouldn’t have spent just £15.99 on your flight.
• Legroom wars: the seat to end it all
15. Reclining your seat
You’re a parody of a rude person.
It takes a very selfish person to recline their seat on an airplane and not look behind them. This poor guy next to me is squished
— Jamison (@JamisonLilly)
January 16, 2016
16. Peeing on the carpet
Yeh, Gerard Depardieu.
17. Running past people to get to passport control…
…only to join the same queue everyone else is in.