(3 p.m. GMT) — P&O Cruises has announced the launch of its largest and most varied cruise programme for 2017/18.
Opening for sale on April 4, 2016, the itineraries will offer more destinations plus more departures out of Southampton that any other cruise line, year-round.
Highlights include more Mediterranean fly-cruises from a new homeport of Malta and more theme cruises including Strictly Come Dancing and «Food Heroes».
P&O Cruises’ Food Heroes include Atul Kochhar, Michelin-starred ‘Master of Spices’; Marco Pierre White, the godfather of British cooking; James Martin, Britain’s favourite chef; Eric Lanlard, award-winning patissier; and wine guru Olly Smith, all of whom will either be sailing or hosting cooking sesions or both on selected cruises next year.
Other highlights of the 2017/18 programme include:
- More evening and overnight calls. A total of 36 ports and overnights in 14 popular destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Boston, Bridgetown, Charleston, New Orleans, New York, Quebec, Reykjavik, St Petersburg and Oslo
- Maiden calls to Olibia, Italy; Sibenik, Croatia; Trapani, Italy; Chania and Crete
- An increased number of scenic cruises, including a partial transit of the Panama Canal
- A new 2018 world cruise collection which includes a 99-night Classic Western Circumnavigation on Arcadia, visiting 31 destinations in 21 countries. And a 65-night Round South America cruise on Aurora, visiting 23 destinations in 17 countries
- An increased range of «discovery cruises» to less well known ports
- More «event» cruises such as to the Monaco Grand Prix and the Copenhagen Jazz Festival
Pre-registration opens on March 21, 2016, with sales opening to Top Tier Peninsular Club members from March 31. The programme will go on general sale from April 4. Prices start from £599 per person for a seven-night cruise from Southampton, with a range of discounts on offer.